McGregor vs Mendes

t-typinator

Surprised nobody's done a thread on it yet.
So who's gonna win it ?
Anxious to see if McGregor is going to live up to his own incredible hype.
Very interesting fight.
Preliminary fights are just starting now 8:00 on fox sport channel (free) .

Last edited:
Not sure if Mendes can do it. But would like McGregor to get the living shit beat out of him.

At least Mendes got some good punches on him in the first round and drew blood,just not enough damage.

If you thought he was full of himself before,imagine what he'll be like now.
I'm glad he won though because now this story will continue,like him or hate him he does bring fun and excitement to the sport, and now the eventual fight with aldo will be that much bigger.
If mendes had won ,it would have just been a 3rd fight with aldo who has already beaten him twice,Now McGregors star keeps rising and we get to see the McGregor/Aldo Title Fight.
Dana White must be ecstatic,this is definetly good for the UFC, and that Aldo/McGregor fight will be Huge.

Last edited:
There are some sports commentators that don't believe the Aldo/McGregor fight will happen anytime soon. They say Faber or Edgar will be the next to fight McGregor.

I don't understand Aldo turning down the fight because of a bruised rib. He had a chance to make 4 million dollars Saturday night. He had already told everyone about the injury so if the pain got to bad for him to continue. He could have had the fight stopped and he would have collected his money and i don't think anyone would have faulted him for it. Dana White said Aldo had backed out of fights before this time. I think he will make him wait before he gets a shot at McGregor.

Last edited:
Overall that was one of the BEST fight cards I have seen in years. Unbelievable finishes!! Rory and Robbie was one of the best barn burners I have ever seen since Bonner and Griffin, don't forget big Daddy Jeremy Stevenson with the killer lights out knee, followed by 2 wicked punches just for added measure. I was on the edge of my seat acting like a school kid that got his first kiss. lol

There are some sports commentators that don't believe the Aldo/McGregor fight will happen anytime soon. They say Faber or Edgar will be the next to fight McGregor.

I don't understand Aldo turning down the fight because of a bruised rib. He had a chance to make 4 million dollars Saturday night. He had already told everyone about the injury so if the pain got to bad for him to continue. He could have had the fight stopped and he would have collected his money and i don't think anyone would have faulted him for it. Dana White said Aldo had backed out of fights before this time. I think he will make him wait before he gets a shot at McGregor.

For four million dollars i would of got in their in a full body cast.

Overall that was one of the BEST fight cards I have seen in years. Unbelievable finishes!! Rory and Robbie was one of the best barn burners I have ever seen since Bonner and Griffin, don't forget big Daddy Jeremy Stevenson with the killer lights out knee, followed by 2 wicked punches just for added measure. I was on the edge of my seat acting like a school kid that got his first kiss. lol

Everybody who watched it has been raving aboutit, Listen to these guys. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/1...-robbie-lawlers-faces-a-day-after-ufc-189-war
I kind of wish i had stayed home and bought the ppv ,but had prior commitments.
One nice thing is I'll get to watch it for the first time ,sometime in the future, but it's not the same when you already know the outcome and have seen some of the highlights.

That won't happen. Watch this video and you get the idea...... They made up this belt because Aldo pulled out of 5 fights since becoming the Champ. After awhile it just gets played out. Notice Frankie Edgar was following behind them when dana was being interviewed. lol

For four million dollars i would of got in their in a full body cast.

I agree

He had a chance to earn what every UFC fighter tries to accomplish in the fight business and wishes to ever earn for a fight and backed out. I actually thought he would be smarter and tougher than that. At the most it would have been a 25 minute fight or less. If it had been me there would have been a real fight if somebody tried to keep me out of getting in there to get paid 4 million dollars. ;)

Like i said before all he had to do was to show up for the fight and at least give an effort and if the pain was to much for him to handle,he could have had the fight stopped. And be 4 million dollars richer today.

McGregor and Mendes were paid 500 thousand dollars each for there efforts.

McGregor has already showed interest in a fight with Edgar. But Dana White will be the one who decides which fights will make him the most money.

Last edited:
I agree

He had a chance to earn what every UFC fighter tries to accomplish in the fight business and wishes to ever earn for a fight and backed out. I actually thought he would be smarter and tougher than that. At the most it would have been a 25 minute fight or less. If it had been me there would have been a real fight if somebody tried to keep me out of getting in there to get paid 4 million dollars. ;)

Like i said before all he had to do was to show up for the fight and at least give an effort and if the pain was to much for him to handle,he could have had the fight stopped. And be 4 million dollars richer today.

McGregor and Mendes were paid 500 thousand dollars each for there efforts.

McGregor has already showed interest in a fight with Edgar. But Dana White will be the one who decides which fights will make him the most money.

That's just the flat salary I'm sure conner ended up with alot more, seems to me i remember reading that he will get some portion of the total ppv take also,and people are still buying the ppv.
It's pretty insane that Mendez would get the same pay as McGregor,The amount of time and energy Connor spent promoting this fight was insane and Mendes would have taken it for a whole lot less because he knew so many other fighters were lining up to get the fight.
No other fighter has ever done a fraction of what he has to promote a fight,Flying around the world on that tour,and for other shows,Tons of interviews,talk shows,comercials and on and on, so much so that i think it actually hindered his health some, and his readiness leading up to the fight, you could see it as it was getting closer to the fight he was looking less and less energetic and a little tired,He really should get alot of extra pay for making this whole thing what it became.

UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor Fighter Salaries
Conor McGregor: $500,000 (no win bonus)
def. Chad Mendes: $500,000

Robbie Lawler: $300,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus)
def. Rory MacDonald: $59,000

Most of the UFC fighters on the main card earn far less than the belt holders do.

The total payout for UFC 189 was just over 1 million 900 thousand dollars. And we know the 2 who got paid a million of that. So that left 900 thousand dollars going to all the other fighters on the card.

Dana White said Aldo would have made 4 million. Thats more than twice the total payout without him,so maybe the fighters were short changed a little bit. But they have to earn a living and knew what they were going to be paid.

It was reported that this UFC fight card had record PPV sales.

Dana White is the one who made all the money and he doesn't pay those guys near enough for what they do.

Last edited:
Free live fights on Fox Sports tonight.
Frank Mir on his second fight of his attempt at a comeback,(1st was a 100 second ko of Bigfoot Silva)
The prefight show is at 7:00 est, then the preliminary fights start at 8:00 and the Main Fight card starts at 10:00

Fuck McGregor.......FEDOR's coming back!!!

He see's Arlovski,and lawler make great comebacks, and now Frank Mir just won his second big fight in his come back tour.
Good fight,everybody thought he would play it safe against Duffee who is known to be a Big Puncher and knock out artist and alot younger,, but he stood there and went toe to toe with him,they just stood in the center of the ring throwing bombs for 73 seconds and Mir knocked him out, Duffee was out cold before he hit the floor and then did a face plant to the canvas.
Glad to see Fedor is coming back,Him and Mir will be a good first bout since they are both on the comeback trail.
Mir looked a little soft in the midsection though,and probably needs to lose about 20 lbs or so to be in top form, i think he was 262 at the weigh in.

To be honest, as much as I'm glad to see Fedor back.....after such a long layoff, aside for his explosiveness, I don't think he has anything for the resurging Mir....or most of the top 10 heavyweights. :(

Maybe a move to LHW might be best for him....but I doubt he'll ever move down in weight.

To be honest, as much as I'm glad to see Fedor back.....after such a long layoff, aside for his explosiveness, I don't think he has anything for the resurging Mir....or most of the top 10 heavyweights. :(

Maybe a move to LHW might be best for him....but I doubt he'll ever move down in weight.

I don't know about that ,We are talking Fedor here.
I think my money would be on him against Mir but would be a great fight and could go either way.
All depends how he has spent the last few years away from the cage,and how much effort he puts in now.

Ps, The UFC Fight Night 72 just started Live on Fox sports ( 1:00 eastern ) Bisping is the headliner.

I don't know about that ,We are talking Fedor here.
I think my money would be on him against Mir but would be a great fight and could go either way.
All depends how he has spent the last few years away from the cage,and how much effort he puts in now.

Ps, The UFC Fight Night 72 just started Live on Fox sports ( 1:00 eastern ) Bisping is the headliner.
I'd love nothing more than for the Emperor to return HIS throne!!! :D

I watched 72 and it was pretty good.