Maxed out WG and only 18psi

1badTTA

Resident Smart A$$
At the track last night I tried to turn up my boost since I wasn't getting any knock and I realized I had the WG rod as short as I could get it and still be able to put it back on. I have a stock turbo and downpipe and the turbo spools really fast and I can't seem to find or hear any exhaust leaks. I was hoping to be able to run more boost but wasn't able to. I do have the WG hooked up tuner style with the WG solenoid disconnected if that could make a difference. The "Tee" has the restrictor on the compressor line also. Does anyone think if I went back to the stock plumbing with the solenoid, it would allow more boost? I know it can handle more boost since I ran a chip with 31deg of timing and still no knock with 110 Racegas in the tank. New times are in sig, Thanks

you don't use the tee if looping wastegate and solenoid.....get rid of it and just use a piece of vacuum line

I tried the "tuner style" setup on my GN for a short while until I found my boost would drop off in 3rd gear by as much as 2-4 psi. Not sure this is typical but it certainly happened on my car.

Or... you could just cut 1/4" off the the threads and get 5 more psi of boost (.250 = 5 turns at .050" per turn assuming 1/4-20 thread).

Don't cost nothing and takes 5 minutes with a hacksaw.

Yes, it will be harder to put on, but that's what pliers are for.