Max Effort boost control

Matt

I haven't found much info on just running a line from the compressor housing to the wastegate. What are the pros and cons of doing so?

simplest way to do it. If you have a stock actuator, you may run out of rod length before you get as much boost as you like...then you will need a bleeder arrangement to obtain more boost.

Actually, the simplest way is to just pull the hose off the solenoid and put a bleeder at the end, in place of the solenoid...set the wastegate rod at minimum tension and use the bleeder to set the boost. Use a good bleeder, not an aquarium valve. :)

Steve,

I've got the ME chip and am experiencing the same problem you are talking about. I can shorten the actuator rod all I want and still can't get more than about 19-20 psi. What bleeder are most of you using out there? Thanks.

I use the Ramcharger's Boost commander to control boost with my ME chip. It works great. Just make sure that you leave the BstC in the on position, or the chip will send a signal to the soleniod when you hit the programmed shift light rpm.

Look online for a Norgren R07-100-RNTA

You should be able to find one for just a few bucks.

That is the one that is used for external wastegates, etc.

Thanks Steve,

I did find a place that sells the Norgren valves, but could not find the "RNTA". Here's the link I found. The R-07-100 series is all the way at the bottom of the page on the left. I'm not sure if any of these others would work? What kind of fittings, air lines, and so forth do I need to order to make the Norgren work? Thanks! :)

MSC Direct