Max Boost?

GNDAN

What Is The Max Boost I Can See With The Stock Turbo And Pump Gas With Octane Booster.

had a friend that ran 26# on alky, and i think he ran 21# on 93oct but he had a very good fmic:D

Nix the octane booster. Do not use it.

You can run as much as you want until you start detonating (16 psi-ish). Stock turbo begins to run out of steam around 23 psi.

Calculate how much you will spend on octane booster for the year. Then a total engine rebuild. Take that amount and put it into an alky kit, new turbo, suspension, intercooler, college fund, IRA, beer, etc.

Don't forget just because you can push a turbo to a certain point doesn't mean it's being effecient anymore. You can run a turbo to 30psi, but as boost pressure increases so does the temperature of the air charge. The hotter the air gets, the less dense it becomes with actual usable oxygen. At a certain point, a turbo will be more effective at less boost because of a cooler charge temperature. I.E. an engine seeing a "cooler" 24psi might make more power than seeing 30psi of heat-soaked air.

cannot be measured accuratly every time,5 -10 bucks a can,verses less than 5 bucks a gallon for methanol:biggrin:

cannot be measured accuratly every time,5 -10 bucks a can,verses less than 5 bucks a gallon for methanol:biggrin:

octane booster is a joke. your better off getting razors alky kit or running a mix of pump and race gas or straight 100. the best bang for the buck would be razors alky kit.

I run 28-29 PSI on alky and 91 octane. No knock is your friend. Keep it nice and fat and low timing. Then tune from there. My ending combo was 23/20.9 timing and mid 700's for o2's.

Jason

Why No Octane Booster?

Mainly because it is an over priced joke. I cannot remember the claims but I think they say it will raise the octane level by 3 points which means if you are running 91 octane it would now be 91.3. There was an excellent write up about this on the web at one time that went into great detail. Anyway the moral of the story is that it does not accomplish anything.
As others have stated, run race gas or get a methanol injection kit.