max boost with a single nozzle?

turboaddict2

How much boost have you guys that still have a single nozzle run?

With a dual nozzle, will it allow you to run around 24 or higher boost?

I hit 26 by accident (dial-a-boost got away from me), but try to keep it between 20-24 depending upon conditions.
No relevent knock on 93 octane and a 20 degree chip.

Erik

as a slightly different question, what's the most power anybody is making with pump + alky (denatured, iso, or meth)? i see lots of guys running 12s with this setup, but is anyone running low 10s or 9s with a big turbo, big boost, pump gas and alky? i'm just curious about what sorts of changes are required to support those power levels (ie. more nozzles, higher pressure, etc)...

thanks!

Not many if any people who spend $15-$20K on a Stage II race motor are going to put pump gas and alky. in the car to race it. ;)

Driving to the cruise in is another story. :)

Major changes to run 9's reliably, race gas is one of them.

well, i've got a setup that runs 9s on 100 octane UL... but it would see much more street duty if i could use 92 + alky, for example... i'm not trying to cut any corners, but if alcohol is as great as everyone says i don't see why it would be limited to the 12 second crowd... it either prevents detonation or it doesn't, it should care how much your motor cost :D obviously i'm being a smart a$$, but the question still stands, isn't anyone running big power numbers with alcohol as secondary injection?

No reason it can't be done.

Try asking the question in the Stage II tech. area.

Your setup prolly cost about the same anyway. ;)