Matching Numbers???

Bret.H

it's not a MONTE CARLO!!!
Ok, I finally have the cheddar to get my tranny rebuilt (currently has brown fluid and slips in OD), or buy a whole new tranny from a reputible 200r4 builder. but I was wondering, is buying a new tranny the wise thing to do? Does the tranny have any kind of numbers or markings that would make the car a non-numbers matching car if I do this? I don't want to hurt the future resale value of the car, from a collectors stadpoint.

Eventually, at some point the numbers matching thing may be important. But, I do not bother much with that on our cars. There are upsides to keeping it though.
You could have another core built, and put yours aside for later. Someday, you may decide to demod and return to a stock car and you could fix it later.
Or, go hog wild and do yours up right from the start and never look back. It will only help the value of your car having a quality trans.

Brian

Thanks for the response Brian. My other dilemas are, I have no room for the old tranny in the garage, I can't physically do the work of pulling the old tranny myself, how much would shipping my old tranny to someone cost? If I just knew who to trust locally to do it right, this would shure be alot easier. Thanks for listening to me whine.