Master cylinder reservoir gasket??

Powermaster brakes. Reservoir gasket that attaches to the reservoir cap, has three dimples, the smallest of the three on the p/s side has a small slit (cut) in it, should this be there?

Failed inspection, test showed rear passenger side brakes were doing nothing. Inspected brakes and everything works and looks fine. Decided to bleed brakes and put everything back together. After bleeding the brakes, the pedal goes to the floor with key on and a sound of air coming from the master cylinder reservoir. After inspecting the gasket the slit was found.

UPDATE!!

Still stuck!! Did the bleed procedure again three times, getting stuck at a certain point. I re-pressurized the accumulator, the p/s of the bowl is full and ignition key on. Pump runs and fluid level drops on p/s of bowl. NOW WHAT!!!! Fill with more fluid??? Still have slit or cut in dimple p/s!!!

Still not sure if the slit in the p/s dimple of the reservoir gasket is the problem. No auto stores around me have the correct gasket or diaphram whatever you want to call it. Only place to turn is to you guys who actually have the same setup as me, you know how these auto stores no diddly about our cars. Go check you powermaster master cylinder reservoir gasket and see if the smallest dimple, on the passenger side, has a small slit in it, go do it now!! I need to get these brakes fixed and car inspected, your the only ones who can check this for me!!!!

Still not sure if the slit in the p/s dimple of the reservoir gasket is the problem.

I checked for you and the slit is supposed to be there.Are you sure you are installing the cap on right.Make sure you can read the writing when you install it.If it is installed wrong you could get a air leak.The cap can only go on one way unlike the power booster styles I believe can be installed any way.

Eric

The p/s of the bowl holds the brake fluid used by the accumulator. When you turn the key on, it should go down. As long as you still have fluid in the bowl when the pump stops running, you are OK. You check your levels after discharging the system by pumping the brakes 10 times or so with the key off. When are you hearing air? When the motor runs or when you apply the brakes?

The p/s of the bowl holds the brake fluid used by the accumulator. When you turn the key on, it should go down. As long as you still have fluid in the bowl when the pump stops running, you are OK. You check your levels after discharging the system by pumping the brakes 10 times or so with the key off. When are you hearing air? When the motor runs or when you apply the brakes?

Key on, reservoir cap on, pedal goes to the floor and air is heard coming from the reservoir. Only thing that happened during the bleeding process was I had both drums off, forgot to put the rear drivers side back on and the wheel cylinder blew out, one side of it, fixed it and finished bleeding. Only bled the rear, since the pedal was going to the floor and brake light was coming on, this is when we found the slit and stopped. Now that I know it's not the slit, I will do the bleed procedure again this time all four wheels and see what happens.