master cylinder question

xxninja

well i have been reasearching this site for an answer but i dont find alot of trouble shooting tips on powermaster brakes

so i figured i woudl throw this question out
so ill start with saying whut i tried to do to fix this

well i noticed my brakes are rather low, and i feel the brakes should be a hell of alot better
so i bought new calipers and pads etc
i bled them out and they are still low.
My car is not leaking fluid what so ever

i dunno if my master cylinder is shot or this "bleeder valve" i have been reading about needs to be replaced, i am not the original owner, so i dunno if it was taken in for recall work, tho i hardly doubt it was

i notice when i put my car in gear, i hear this funky ticking , sort of grinding ,crackling sound, coming from my master cylinder area ( sort of where that harness plugs in at the front of it)

i am assuming this could be a culprit, but i really dont have a slightest clue what is causing this

have any of you had this happen to your car? if so can ya give me some advice
i really dont have too much knowledge of powermaster brakes at alll

id appreciate it

some day this car will not be a constant pain in the ass =)

thanx guys
appreciate it

You would probably get more responses in the general tech area. I can't help other than to say when the powerdisaster system goes out it really goes out as in no brakes. I would take it seriously. If it's out, I would spend $100 or less in the junkyard and convert to vacuum. If it's out and you want to keep it, my dad has a good powermaster for sale pretty cheap.

My Powerjunker system is on the floor in the corner of my garage - it works great as a dust collector.

Get rid of it and convert to Vacuum brakes - trust me - all your worrys will be over.

Took me like 4 hours tops to do it.

(only cause I had a problem with the porportioning vavle)

Yea switch to vaccum, mine work great. I will say that switching it out really sucks unless you have small hands to reach up in the dash, but its doable.

I just did the conversion this last weekend. It takes up a bit more space, and I am having to bypass my IC for now. Everything in the conversion is really easy except the brake pedal. I think I spent 90% of the entire on the installation and removal of the brake pedal.

I got my parts from Red Regal T. The cost was pretty good and I don't have any good junkyards around here. The parts were painted up fairly well.

sounds like vacuum brakes are the way to go
what all would i need to convert?

is there maybe a link on how to do this?
i know i seen 1, somewhere, but i forgot where it was

The conversion procedure is on gnttype.org.. I followed that exactly.

I just went to a boneyard and asked for a master cyl, brake booster and pedal with pedal bracket assembly for a 84-87 G body.

It worked no problem. Cost me like $30 CDN.

Only tough item is gettin that damn bolt through the new bracket on the top of the pedal when you change out the original one.

I used a bit of making tape to hold all the bolts, washers and collars together when I put them in place so they wouldn't fall out when I was trying to bolt it together.

Only other help I offer is make sure you bench bleed the master before you put it in the car. You also need to tap into the vac hose that attaches to the PCV valve.