March GM Hi Tech

XXQUICK6XX

Congrats Jim Lauer on his car cover and to GM Hi tech for the article. March 2005 issue.

Steve Pitts:)

yea same here. Wasn't there a silver T in a recent GM high tech or was that car craft?

Chicago must have gotten their mags before anyone else. ;)

Got mine yesterday in MS. Lauer's car is the best executed TR that I've ever seen! Anyone ever seen it in person? GMHTP appears to have skipped over a lot of cool stuff that I could see (or at least think I can see) in the pics (smooth firewall, Brake M/C, tubular control arms, etc.) I'd seen pics of the engine compartment months ago on this board (I think, could be T6P or the one with an "s") and it's DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! Hard to do with an LC2! I hope I can get mine to look 1/2 that good since it'll be seen from both sides of the '36's open engine bay!

Is Lauer a member of this or the other boards?

Originally posted by DCVING 6
yea same here. Wasn't there a silver T in a recent GM high tech or was that car craft?

Chicago must have gotten their mags before anyone else. ;)
Yes, December 2004 Car Craft has a silver T-Type owned by Jim Lauer. It must be the same car.

I really think GMHTP has done alot to help get our cars some spotlight. Very good mag. and the staff that I have met are a great bunch. My car was featured in the jul. '01 issue (Dk. red T), it's a good feelin' and makes it seem almost worth all the work and $$$.

I've seen the car and talked to him. The car really is as clean as it looks in the pics. Everything is SOOOO clean. Not even the firewall has orange peel. 4" DP from turbo back sounds nice too.

Just got my issue today!! HOLY SH!? .. That is an awesome car Jim. As much as I like the looks of any tubbed car, I don't think you can beat the looks of one of these bodies with rear frame mods. and tires oh-so tucked under like that!!!!! Congrats!