Manual steerring a safety issue?

rtviper

I have manual steering and I think it could be a safety issue at the track. Mine is very slow and if I was to get out of shape down the track I dont think I could turn it far enough fast enough to correct the car. The steering is probably about 24:1?
Has anyone had some experience with this and how were you able to correct the car. My car is 8 sec capable but will likely see low 10's most of the time
I know just driving at lower speeds on the streets I have to turn the wheel like crazy to manage mild turns

well our monte carlo has a manual steering box which makes so much of a weight diffrence but we have a 540 with about 800 horse before the nitrous on 11 inch wide tires and it doesnt hook for anything ive seen my dad let in and out of it 3 times and he didnt want to but 145-150 sideways is scary and its not so hard to turn even with the full spool rear end at the top end of the track

Do you have the TRZ rack? I have discussed this issue with Dusty Bradford. I believe that the slow response is actually better in a car that has the potential as yours. In my opinion at that high of speed overcorrection is more common than under correction.