Manual steering help please

hansongn

hey guys got an 87gn and im making it manual steering. what i did was install a manual steering box from an 82-93 chevy s10. bolt holes match and length is good on the steering shaft, however the pitman arm thats on the car now doenst work. the splines are smaller in diameter on the s10 box, so the pitman arm has play in it. so im thinking of just getting the right pitman arm but pepboys, autozone, etc. have no clue is there anybody out there that can givr me advice thanks so much jay

I recently installed a S-10 manual steering box and used the pitman arm from the GN. Works fine :confused:

hey guys got an 87gn and im making it manual steering. what i did was install a manual steering box from an 82-93 chevy s10. bolt holes match and length is good on the steering shaft, however the pitman arm thats on the car now doenst work. the splines are smaller in diameter on the s10 box, so the pitman arm has play in it. so im thinking of just getting the right pitman arm but pepboys, autozone, etc. have no clue is there anybody out there that can givr me advice thanks so much jay

The pit man arm is a non wear item. I do not know of any company building it.
Nick I have had others state the same thing no problems on the swap & others like Hanson who have this problem. I'm pretty sure the 82-93 will not work. Dennis who works with me has an 80 Malibu M-80.I'm pretty sure he used an 95 s-10 box. I'll verify this with him on Monday. I'll get the part # & the years & post back.