Manual Steering Boxes, S-10 vs Factory Regal???

Any real differences? Looking to convert my regal to manual steering and have found an S-10 and a Regal manual gear box. Wonder if either was better than the other.

Any real differences? Looking to convert my regal to manual steering and have found an S-10 and a Regal manual gear box. Wonder if either was better than the other.

I been doing some research and from what I'm learning it sounds like there is no economical way to properly do an acceptable conversion. I say this because the factory slow ratio boxes can make it hard to recover quickly if the car gets loose at the track and I was advised not to be tempted into this direction. So with that being said the only reasonable alternative is the 16:1 Borgeson box. Along with the box will require a new Pitnam arm that will fit that box and have the correct drop and length for our cars, and a new input joint to fit the different 36 spline count. And if your going that far you may as well update the shaft and joint at the top of the column.

AG.

Would a steering quickener work with a regular manual box?
image.jpeg

If I had to guess it would interfere with the exhaust header and also require extra couplers making it just as much money as buying the right stuff. I came up with the parts list below for my own build and prices are from Summit. If you have a pro-shop discount the prices are better.
AG.

Borgenson Telescoping shaft 450024 $74.97
Borgenson Universal 115252 $87.97
Borgenson Universal 113449 $87.97
Borgenson Pitman Arm 806019 $89.08
Borgenson Steering Box, Saginaw 525, Manual 16:1 920040 $346.75