Manual In A Gn?

Black-Jacket

i truely love gn's but i also love driving a standard, has anyone seen one converted to manual, because im thinking a 5 speed manual out of a 3.8 camaro might work.

any thoughts or ideas?

Black-Jacket said:
i truely love gn's but i also love driving a standard, has anyone seen one converted to manual, because im thinking a 5 speed manual out of a 3.8 camaro might work.

any thoughts or ideas?

Dude you asked "the" question. :eek:

Black-Jacket said:

any thoughts or ideas?

I heard someone converted a TTA years ago. It was a DOG.... pig slow.....I believe because every time you shift.... you loose your boost.... and have to re spool the turbo....

but to each his own.....

just get a Honda S2000... if you want to have some fun with a stick....... :rolleyes:

Yeah in a turbo car keeping your boost up is the key for speed. Having a manual and having to let off kills boost so its better to have an automatic in turbo cars, unless you risk your tranny and speed shift without letting off the gas :eek:

You need would a bypass valve to avoid losing boost on the shifts. Building boost against the brakes is a little harder with manual.

Mike