manual brakes ??

mec108

Which car(s) or vender(s), Can, We find manual brakes for are turbo cars. thank you.

Do a search...

There are a few threads on this. Bruce used one for a El Camino I think, and there are a few others. You can use the pedal from a vacuum car(or redrill your current pedal) and fashion up the rod. Weld a rod-end to the pin would work. There is some good info in the archives(both here and the email list)
HTH, CaptRob

Hey, Captrob. Thanks for the reply. I searched all 17 pages of the JYD archives. And, I must have over looked the manual brake information. I can't seem to find it. Can you please help, thanks again. mec 108

Search "Manual Brakes"...

on this board - TB.com "manual brakes"

on GNTTYPE.org -
GNTTYPE.org "manual brakes"

Look thru these. If you can't find what you're looking for email me back.

The master cylinder I have is part #NM1739 (Fenco- new) from AutoZone.com - $55.19 shipped to my house.
I do not guarantee it is the one you want, but I chose it from searching and reading many posts on the subject. I haven't installed it yet either. I'm waiting to turn my car into a true racecar.(Probably long overdue:D )
It will need some fabrication to make it work...firewall mount plate and rod to pedal. But I'll get to that in time.
Hope this helps!
CaptRob

I have a complete set up from a 78 Malibu (minus the master cylinder) that I would sell. A G body with manual brakes is extremely rare as they only came on base model V6 cars with out air conditioning.
The pedal is the same basic pedal as used on the stick shift cars with the clevis pin mounted higher up for more leverage.
There is a special plate that covers up the large hole in the firewall. My set up is complete with the steering column support.
Email me if interested.