manual brake conversion (picture)

TakeAwayTheFear

Ok, so I made a thread awhile back asking for some advice on where to drill my stock pm peddle for my new manual brake conversion.

I drilled a hole in the peddle right above where the stock peddle attachment point is.

i dropped the new master and adapter plate in today, along with mounting the peddle back in place. The new attachment point (hole i drilled) seems to be way to high for the rod coming out of the rear of the new master and not near long enough for the peddle to be back in the fully depressed position.

what should i do now?

here is a pic of how it currently sits. the rods optimum angle would be slightly higher than where it is sitting under that stock attachment point on the peddle or at least thats how it seems to me right now.

any help would be appreciated, Im getting pretty frustrated with this car.

Pulled the entire brake assembly out, guess I'll got from there. Silly me thinking anything would be easy lol

Ok pulled the assembly and mocked it up on the floor. Looks like the new hole needs to be almost right on top of the old mounting spot on the peddle!?

Hello takeawaythefear I" m in process of. Going manual brakes. Just ordered a manual set- up from TRZ motorsports in Florida and they said I could use my stock pedal.I thought that I had to drill a new hole also..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hello takeawaythefear I" m in process of. Going manual brakes. Just ordered a manual set- up from TRZ motorsports in Florida and they said I could use my stock pedal.I thought that I had to drill a new hole also..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Would be nice if there were some directions huh? LOL my kit is from pa racing

There is a math formula to get the correct spot. It came with the paperwork on my aerospace brakes.

Sent from my iphone while taking a dump

Getting the correct pedal ratio:
In order to get the correct ratio for your Aerospace Components braking system, a few
measurements must be taken. First, remove the old master cylinder. Measure from the
center line of the pivot point “P” of the brake arm to the pivot point of the master cylinder
rod to get length “B”. Next, measure from the pivot point of the master cylinder rod to
the center of the footpad to get length “A”. Finally, divide length “A” by length “B”. This
will give you your pedal ratio. The recommended ratio should be 7:1. For example, if
length “A” was 14 “ and length “B” was 2”, then 14/2=7.
HIGH

upload_2014-9-5_15-8-41.png

There is a math formula to get the correct spot. It came with the paperwork on my aerospace brakes.

Found the paperwork online for your kit. 7:1 ratio is what it says it needs to be

If I end up doing the same thing with my setup I get a measurement of 3in for length b and 10.5in for length a which is no where near 7:1 ratio that's a 3.5:1 right? Am I missing something? Or is this kit a joke?

Shouldn't you be using the formula for the pedal on the right?

You want to mount the rod where it will give you a 7:1 ratio. Stock is not going to be the correct location.

You want to mount the rod where it will give you a 7:1 ratio. Stock is not going to be the correct location.

If I do that near where I drilled the hole above the stock mounting point, the rod coming out of the master will no long be anywhere close to strait and I assume that's a no no

The rod does not have to be straight.

The M/C mounting point on the adapter plate needs to be higher. That will move the rod up.

As far as the pivot point, the regular vacuum pedal is 13.5" between the center of the foot pad and the center of the pivot.

On that pedal the manual brake pivot point is 2.25" center-to-center between it and where the pin goes. That is a 6:1 ratio.

RemoveBeforeFlight