MAL Code 23 help

Antbankstwo3

I figured out why my scanmaster is pullin code 23. The MAT is not plugged in, HOWEVER there is no sensor anywhere (at least from what I see). I got the car this way so I am trying to fix everything. The car has the stock Mass Air Sensor. I replaced the stock original Mass Air Tube/Pipe with a stainless steel one cuz the old one was destroyed. The original box for the air filter is gone & there is just a cone filter attached. So Im not sure what to do from here, cuz from what I thought sensor was installed in the factory box.

If I got a new sensor, where would I put it? Do I really need it? If I don't need it how do I get the code to go away?

Thanks in advance for the help!

If you have the filter clamped on the end of the MAF normally you put a hole in the rubber neck of the filter and push the sensor in that hole.

Also there should be a 2 wire connector around the area of the filter I think it is in the same harness as the MAF,cooling fan etc that the air temp sensor will plug into.

Like he said^ it shares the harness with the maf, cooling fans, charcoal canister purge so find one of them and trace it back.

Also there should be a 2 wire connector around the area of the filter I think it is in the same harness as the MAF,cooling fan etc that the air temp sensor will plug into.
Ok great! Yes, the plug is there, exactly where u mentioned. Could I go to a local parts store & grab a sensor. I know these cars r specific do I want to make sure I get the right one.