Majorly Weird Noise...Please Help

Whistlin'87GN

This isn't good. I pull up to a stop in the neighborhood tonight and all of a sudden the car started to make a loud wizzing noise. It sounded as if it was coming from underneath the car. I put it in neutral and it goes away. When leaving the stop sign normally it will get louder for a second than stop and it goes away quickly. You can kinda hear it while driving.
I have been having a problem with the torque converter shuddering when it applies, like when cruising and giving a little bit of gas and the converter locks, it will shudder fairly bad. I have been waiting for an answer from my dads tranny guy about this but he hasnt written back
Also the fluid looked fine and it didnt smell burnt
Could this be the evil roots of my problem??
Any help would be great! This came at a horrible time but hopefully I will be able to fix it!
Thanks in Advance
-Jeff

I would guess, educated guess at that..

Torque converter bearing or pump vane ring has broken. That is what I would look for by your description.

Bruce
WE4

Thanks Bruce!
The guys where i work said it sounds like the front pump but hopefully its the converter.

What parts would be best to upgrade if I do have to pull the pump? Any major things I should do while im in there? I know its kinda vague, but any ideas would be great!
-Jeff