main bearings

crazygn

10's here i come
I have my engine out and when i checked it just the front main bearing was bad but the crank looks good , it .10 under i tryed to get the bearing from the parts store and nobody has them. Where can i get the mains , i hear you should not play with these engines if you have never rebuilt one before is this true i am just putting new bearings in.

thanks guys

I love these wive's tales about these engines! Last time I looked, they're put together with nuts & bolts just like all other engines! And as with all other engines, as long as you take your time and do the job right, it'll be fine!

As for bearings, you'll probably have to order them, I doubt you'll find any "off the shelf" anyplace! Maybe give Cotton's or another vendor a call?

You can call Greg at childs & albert 661.295.1900 he can help you out with any of the bearings you may need.
jay

Thanks buddy, i am going to call sunday and get my bearings so i can get this thing running and make it to the track before they shut in down soon.

good luck with the new engine

new project in the works 1960's vw bug with 3.8 turbo engine its going to be crazy