MAFT settings with no aftermarket chip?

martincj

OKC
First, I would like to say hello, Iv been browsing this site for sometime! I was unable to find information related to MAFT so I would like to ask you guys for your expertise.

My wife and I inherited a family jewel, the 86 GN. Its got some running issues, from a cold start, it fires right up, but I would say after a minute of the warming up high idle it will gradually start lowering idle, expected but once it reaches that normal operation idle, sputters, dies. After some searching, it sounded like the MAF could be root cause, so I unplugged it to see if there even any changes and it didn't die but ran like crap, expected haha. After some more reading, apparently its hard to find a good working reproduction MAF for our cars, so I decided to go with the MAFT and 3" LT1 for reliability. I am wondering since I do not have an aftermarket chip, what chip setting should I use for the DIP switches, right now I have it set to ALL OTHERS/TT.

I failed to reset the ECU after swapping from stock MAF to MAFT and still plagued with the same issue, BUT after realizing it was probably a good idea to do a ECU reset I did and magic happened. Stays idling does not die, played with the throttle, sounds great. This is with the MAFT Mode set to ALL OTHERS, the dials set to LT1 MAF with 0 adjustments and no aftermarket chip.

While letting the car run for a bit, I noticed the radiator fan hadn't kicked on, so we turned on the A/C to see if it would trigger it and still no movement, curious if there is a good test to check this.

The braking system was previously converted to Hydroboost, first seeing this system I was confused, I had to look it up. When pressing the brake pedal, you are met with it forcing the pedal back towards you and sounds of whining coming from the power steering also ensues, I checked the PS reservoir and it was full but I noticed the fluid was pretty aerated, air must be getting in somehow but I haven't found any leaks. ARG I want to drive this car so bad!

Dash Tach isn't responsive, hoping its just a connection I need to trace out.