MAF/Translator/hot Air

Tommy reynolds

TR's 85
If I install the LT1 MAF and Translator?
Do I have to install the 86 ECM?
I am going to install the 86 ECM. I don't want to do it now.
When I do. I will get a chip from TT and I don't want to use the MAT sensor.
Will my OTC 4000 still work if I change the ECM?
Maybe all I would need to do is change the engine vin in the OTC 4000 to 7. Has anyone tried it.

i used a ls1 maf and translator on the 84-85 ecm.. seems to work fine.. but im no hot air expert

Maybe all I would need to do is change the engine vin in the OTC 4000 to 7. Has anyone tried it.

I would try the LT1 MAF and translator to see if it works. If not convert to the 87 ECM. If you convert to the 87 ECM and do not install the Caspers Mat conversion your SES light stays on as I recall. The OTC 4000 will work on an 84/85 and a 86/87. I recall that the engine codes are different on the OTC 4000. Good luck. Brad

Eric should be able to burn the chip so you don't have to install a MAT sensor. The OTC scanner will work just fine, just pretend your driving a 87 GN.

Eric should be able to burn the chip so you don't have to install a MAT sensor. The OTC scanner will work just fine, just pretend your driving a 87 GN.

+1 eric can burn a chip so you dont have to run the IAT but if your going to convert over you might as well do it. its always nice to see what the IAT really is.

I have the LT1 MAF and Translator in my '84 Riv T-Type.

I am using the '87 ECM & MAT. I also have the OTC 4000 monitor, and yes, just enter the year as 1986 or 1987 and choose engine vin 7. Works like a charm.

Do you have to install it? No. Is there any reason not to? Hell no. Cheap and worth it.