Mac in SD, how's your UB control arms?

John, they're great. No downsides, no problems so far. I haven't been to the track with them (or with the "new" engine, either, I'm ashamed to say), so they haven't gotten a launch evaluation, yet. Before I go racing, I want to put on some sort of limiter to prevent arm-to-frame banging at full suspension droop.
But on the street, they're great.

Mac, have you tried jacking up the front end in the middle of the crossmember just to see how the frame to control arm issue looks?

Thanks for the update, Mac. I'm glad to hear they're working out. I don't care to spend a bunch of money to go to 12" brakes. I don't road race, much. :D

So if I call UB Machine, and give them this part number, 14-0809-5R, they'll provide me with the correct ball joint? Or, do you know the right part number for the ball joint.

Scott, they definitely "hit" the frame at full droop, so if you launch hard enough to almost wheelie or actually wheelie, the a-arms are what stops the travel, and there's no snubber or bumper.

John, UB will know what ball joint to get. They're easy to talk to - just tell them it's going on a stocker with the stock spindles, and they'll hook you up.

What is the benefit of the UB UCA,,I see that you said to tell them that you have a Stocker with stock spindles,,I thought hte whole purpose was sop that you can use larger brakes with different spindles,,help....:confused:

The reason I'm interested in these arms is because there is a 10 lb weight reduction. They come with steel bushings.......no more cooked bushings. They look good. Another reason is they don't cost the rediculous price of over $500 like the "gold" ones. :rolleyes: And lastly, I don't road race so I don't need 12" brakes. I'd like to see the guy, who after spending $1000 simply to install 12" brakes, to say they're not the best thing since sliced bread. IMHO, truth be told, it would be more like, "I just went through a lot of work, spent $1000, and I'm not sure I feel any difference." :p :D