M5 Challenge

S

Steve Hill

Weeell, early this moring, Denis K and I are loafing along the Mass Turnpike, heading towards Connecticut to see Joe Burkhart. We're cruising about 80mph when this silver BMW M5 ( 394 HP, $73k ) comes up fast, cuts in front of me then goes wot. I was late to react and was quite surprised at how quick that little Bimmer is.
We ran up to 126mph. It took me just about all of third gear to match his acceleration then slowly reel him in.
Damn, that was a lot of work! Seems these days everybody is packing 400 hp!
I guess we do need those Champions after all, eh Denis?

Steve Hill
87 TR, Stock long block, pt-51, Blue-tops, v-2, walbro 340

I ran into a m5 the other day. I was driving my we-4 and a young rich kid pulled up along side me in his new white m5. He lowered his window and yelled "lets get it on" and pointed his finger at me. I couldnt resist, the light changed and he started squealing his tires. I just put enough foot into it to keep up with him for about 100 feet and then I nailed it. The turbo spooled up and I pulled 6 car lengths on him before I backed off. He came roaring up on me and gave me the single digit salute. I just smiled and waved to him ..

were do you guys live?

Here in california, nobody ever wants to race me., it sucks big time. or perhaps it's the personalize license place that scares them (WIKEDGN) that could be it. :D