M&A intake

Mr URL

Has anybody had good luck with running the monster M&A intake? A friend of mine has one on his car and it idles and runs like crap. It's been a real pain to try and tune it. Debating about yanking it off and installing a ported stocker.

i was trying to find out more about the m&a intake and heads but i cant seem to get much info. i cant even find a website for them. i talked to one guy that said he likes the heads but that is about it.

http://Taperformance.com

T/a performance bought the rights to M/A products. I know there
re-desighing the Aluminium Heads for there Aluminium Block. I don't know much about the intake except hearing that got hugh ports and is for 10s and lower. Would your friend sell his M/A intake or trade for a stock ported and some cash? :D

i have one collecting dust here.......car wont run at all with it, be happy yours runs at least. Looks nice though, i may sell it , the milder the cam the better it works, pics avail on request

It used to not run at all until a friend and I started messing with it. It's actually drivable but not tuned out right. High BLM's and cold idle rpms isolates up and down.

If it comes off I'm sure he would sell it.

My buddy had one.It barely ran cause of all those funky injector cups leaking vaccum at idle. And it was a pia to install too. I wouldnt mind trying one out just because i think i could fix most of the botched parts on them.

Originally posted by Louie L.
My buddy had one.It barely ran cause of all those funky injector cups leaking vaccum at idle. And it was a pia to install too. I wouldnt mind trying one out just because i think i could fix most of the botched parts on them.

What could you do to fix this? Biggest problems with this thing I think is we're having vacuum leaks.

Well i just looked at mine, the injector bungs are a very poor design, and i think you would need to replace them, since the top gets stripped easy. I think the only way would be to weld them in and make a different set up, duttweiler does this i heard. I could not get a stable idle, it surged from 600-1600 rpm, and the a/f was going from 9.5-15, surging and stalling. When you have a large camshaft the long runners inside create pressure waves or harmonics, disruptiing the airflow. This is the only thing i can think of why this wouldn't run. However, i was thinking of cutting up the runners and trying it again, to make a like a empty box. But if someone wants to tinker for a few weeks or months they can ship it to duttweiller and maybe he can fix them. I'll sell it for $500 usd shipping included, dust comes free.

thanks

norb

His car does have a large cam in it. Don't remember the exact #'s though. I think it's like 218 or something. His idle is doing the same thing as yours did.