m-112 s/c

SHADOWII

Anyone know the difference between the m-90 and the 112? Intense or zz stated to boost to the 20+ would take the 112 and the 90 was good to 15#'s. I can't find any dimensions or how to's on the subject. anybody have a clue?

Anyone know the difference between the m-90 and the 112? Intense or zz stated to boost to the 20+ would take the 112 and the 90 was good to 15#'s. I can't find any dimensions or how to's on the subject. anybody have a clue?

m90 pushes 90 cubic inches of air per revolution , the 112 pushes 112 cubic inches per revolution so it pushes just over 20 percent more air per revolution provided the pulley size is the same. There is/was a "hybrid" (mp112?) that used the rotor pack from the 112 with a spacer I believe to allow the use of the larger rotor pack , most people looking to go beyond the limits of the m90 nowadays usually go for the tvs2300 swap. With used m90's going for around $100 on the forums I am surprised no one has configured twin m90's yet , I have always been curious how awesome that setup could be lol

Thanks murphinator, I am trying to consider if this is worth the time or money to install on my f-body, 2k Camaro? I purchased everything to install on the 3800, but I can't seem to justify the trouble and expense for such small gains in hp. I would like to get ~450hp to the wheels, but neither of these s/c's appear capable according to the eaton calculator. The best I was able to do on the cal. was 400 w/11:1 comp. ratio.! Intense or zzp were capable of selling me cams, pp heads, etc, w/the m-90 but the hp was still<360hp? I have 2 spare turbos, a te-62 and a bb 76 that would do far better but I would need to fab up the headers and d/p. Any thoughts?

Thanks 20, that was an interesting and revealing discussion. This was supposed to upgrade my daily driver to fun status, but it seems to be more frustrating instead. I saw an 8-71 blower for sale, maybe I should have gone w/that!lol

the quickest builds have always been turbo , most people that are modding 3800's are doing so because their on a budget and its what they have so a lot of people start with basic mods and will watch the classifieds on the 3800 boards and upgrade a step at a time then in turn sell of the mods they have outgrown , this leads them down the path of staying SC - most aren't looking to spend 3-4 grand in mods in one fell swoop when you could go buy a decent bolt on ls1 fbody for that.

That being said L67's are famous for underwhelming dyno numbers on most sc builds as far as max hp/max tq but the power under the curve is awesome and instant on a modded sc car which lends them to run better et than the numbers may indicate in the right hands capable of finding traction.

m90 pushes 90 cubic inches of air per revolution , the 112 pushes 112 cubic inches per revolution so it pushes just over 20 percent more air per revolution provided the pulley size is the same. There is/was a "hybrid" (mp112?) that used the rotor pack from the 112 with a spacer I believe to allow the use of the larger rotor pack , most people looking to go beyond the limits of the m90 nowadays usually go for the tvs2300 swap. With used m90's going for around $100 on the forums I am surprised no one has configured twin m90's yet , I have always been curious how awesome that setup could be lol
Yes they were called MP112's. They used this plate like what I have right here. You used the stock M90 casing, added the plate, and used the snout/rotors from a Cobra or Lightning.

Thanks for the replies. It was the newer cars coming out w/the s/c's that I found inspiring, but it seems like the cost would be cheaper w/the turbo, as I already have a few. I only lack the headers, d/p and an e-bay I/cooler.
The good thing is I have till spring to decide which way to go. That's when I'll bring out the gn and dissect the Camaro. Thanks again. I will probably be asking more questions as I get deeper into it.

Turbo ... If gonna go route of going with a blower, go TVS then... Get an intercooler and have the top plate machined (or new one machined totally) to adapt the TVS
to it. My buddies Fiero has a the m112 and the IC top plate is what adapts it to fit.

Turbo ... If gonna go route of going with a blower, go TVS then... Get an intercooler and have the top plate machined (or new one machined totally) to adapt the TVS
to it. My buddies Fiero has a the m112 and the IC top plate is what adapts it to fit.
What's a TVS?