LV8 to kPa load "conversion"?

nicad

Hi all. I am working on a project with a mostly stock GN engine but being controlled with a Megasquirt ECU via MAP controlling the fuel injection and spark based on kPa and RPM.

I need to import the GN ECU spark advance table.

I have the GN ECU dump tables of spark based on LV8 and RPM. How do I use the LV8 numbers in my kPa and RPM spark table? I know LV8 and kPa are both load numbers, but there should be some relevant conversion between them. I've seen mentioned on other MAF -> MAP conversion systems to use LV8 255 as kPa 100, but that does not address boost loads.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

I think you would be better off just building a spark table, it shouldn't take more than a minute or two. You can use the file you have to reference what your spark should be in the the lower load sections. At 100kpa I always set the timing to what the motor would like if it was N/A Most likely around 30-34*. Then enter in what timing you want at your max boost and then interpolate the table between 100kpa and the max KPA you think the motor should see. Don't forget to scale the complete table though and pull out timing above your max boost in case you over boost.