lug nuts for weld prostars

1quick6

Shadetree Mechanic
I am a little confused about sizing of lug nuts. I need to get a set of lug nuts for my 15x8 Weld Prostars and they say they require a shank length 0f 1.31 to 1.38. Advance Auto has some chrome Dorman 711-302 that say they have a shank length of 1.31. If a lug has M12x1.5 stamped on it, does that mean the shank is 1.5"? I am just going by the pic on the website. It looks like it says 1.5 on that so does the 1.5 actually mean the shank length or will it be 1.31 when you put the washer on? Confused. :)
711-302-004.jpg

1.5 is the thread pitch
dont use those crappy lugs , because of the shitty shoulder they cut through the cheap ass washers they supply and loose the torque as you drive
the best lug for weld prostars and 12mmx1.5 lugs studs (stock thread ) is is the mcgard open 63002 12mm x 1.5 1.365 length
keep in mind your lug studs should be long enough to extend 12mm past the wheel into the head of the lug nut body
dont run those long lugs on stock length studs

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks. I didn't know it is not good to run ProStars on stock studs. I take it there isn't a closed end lug nut that would work? I don't plan on racing at the track so wanted to see about a closed end.

Last edited: