Lug nuts for Riken wheels

eagleguy

I have the GNX style Riken wheels on my 86 T Type. The current lugs appear to be the stock two piece type that separate over time. Is there a specific style solid lug nut I need to replace the stock ones with? I believe they are 12 x 1.5 metric but could be wrong. I would like to get a set that won't corrode or rust out over time. Any ideas or part numbers? McGuard?

Steve, I purchased the Mcgard wheels nuts for my T. I had the same issue as you, as the originals were rusty and worn. I'm very happy with the Mcgards, they're a quality wheel nut. I'm pretty sure they are 12 x 1.5

Not sure what lugs are on mine but they aren't capped...Mike

Steve, I purchased the Mcgard wheels nuts for my T. I had the same issue as you, as the originals were rusty and worn. I'm very happy with the Mcgards, they're a quality wheel nut. I'm pretty sure they are 12 x 1.5
Do you know if they were Mcgard 64002?

I already loosened and popped off two caps on my lug nuts requiring some liquid steel to hold things together. Rather have one piece. I can get a set of 20 Mcgards for around $40

I already loosened and popped off two caps on my lug nuts requiring some liquid steel to hold things together. Rather have one piece. I can get a set of 20 Mcgards for around $40

Just ordered McGards...The 12mm x 1.5 is correct for stock studs. There are only 4 lugs in the pkge. Guess they want to sell you a set of 4 locks, too. The 5 packs I ordered were about $60.

Just ordered McGards...The 12mm x 1.5 is correct for stock studs. There are only 4 lugs in the pkge. Guess they want to sell you a set of 4 locks, too. The 5 packs I ordered were about $60.
Part number? If its the same I will jump on the set of 20 (5 boxes 4 each) as the $40 price seems to be a good one.

Should have checked Gorilla Nuts , http://www.gorilla-auto.com/ they have just about anything you would need . Get the part number from their website then order them from Summit .

Should have checked Gorilla Nuts

1 experience w/ that "stuff", and it was a disaster. Seems Billet Specs sells that product w/ their overpriced wheels. The washers rusted, didn't fit the washers, the nut chrome peeled, all within the first month of first use.
McGard is the replacement. Still looking new, 5 yrs later.

1 experience w/ that "stuff", and it was a disaster. Seems Billet Specs sells that product w/ their overpriced wheels. The washers rusted, didn't fit the washers, the nut chrome peeled, all within the first month of first use.
McGard is the replacement. Still looking new, 5 yrs later.
WOW ! Those lugs come with a 1yr. warranty ,should have sent them back . Mine look great .....so far and they have only been on a few months . I'll have new ones on come the end of July when I get my new wheels . Then I'll have these . http://www.championbillet.com/long-shank-lug-nut-open-end/

Last edited:
Got the Gorillas from Autoanything for $40 shipped. If they last like my last set I will be a Happy Camper.

WOW ! Those lugs come with a 1yr. warranty ,should have sent them back . Mine look great .....so far and they have only been on a few months . I'll have new ones on come the end of July when I get my new wheels . Then I'll have these . http://www.championbillet.com/long-shank-lug-nut-open-end/
They did go back, and then the pissin contest started. Billet was 'supposed" to refund my $... Never happened. Bought the Mcgards.