Lucas Transmission Fix?

Never tried it, but never heard anything bad about Lucas either, let us know.

In addition...

Do you just dump it in or will it overfill the tranny? I've got a bottle but haven't put it in yet. I am not sure what will happen. Either way, i will probably need a new trans.

Scott

Never heard of an additive that truely helped an ailing trans, altought there is a debt on if posi end additive will help shifts??? but the jury is still out on that one. As for adding a qt. it will do one of 3 things, may cause the trans fluid to spew out the vent tube, may help shifts if the filter is sucking air or may not do anything at all. :rolleyes:

not sure on the Lucas. The overfilling a qt works it fixed my lagging shifts a WOT.

Originally posted by turbo nasty
not sure on the Lucas. The overfilling a qt works it fixed my lagging shifts a WOT.

Over filling is not a fix, but a diagnostic aid to let you know that something is wrong. If it helps then there is a problem with sucking air.

wot shifting flair?

If you are flairing between shifts, you are looking at a problem of fluid starvation. The best cure is a bottom feeder low sump pick-up. You have a lose of fluid at the filter when accelerating. The extra quart is a bandaid, but the fix is having the trans fluid at the filter when you are into the gas. That is why you need to run a low feed sump and filter. Running overfilled is not a good idea under any circumstance. Mark:D

BOTTOM FEEDER

The bottom feeder is only sold with the shallow or deep pans we have. The sump will not work with the factory pan, and its dimensions are set with either of the two pans its sold with. The part numbers on our shallow pan kit is #36 and the deep is #35 in our online catalog. It not only places the filter low, but also towards the back where the fluid is under WOT. May be others out there, but I don't know of one that is as clean looking as ours. And that isn't just a prideful comment either, lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark:D