Lubbock Dragway Will Get Concrete

JoyOf6

Check it out.
Lubbock Dragway - The West Texas premier drag racing facility offering top-quality drag racing near Lubbock, Texas.

1/4 mile of concrete coming for Lubbock Dragway!

This is huge for the Lubbock region. The track surface has been poison for real fast cars and most have stayed away. The asphalt has been patched up over the years but just to get by. I rode down the track upside down in my blown BBC in October by tempting fate. IMO, it shows a real commitment from Dennis Barnard the long-time track owner and he deserves congratulations. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Art

87 Stage 2 GN
68 555" F3R Camaro

Art

I heard about the ride on the roof. I take it you are OK. How much damage was done to your car? It should be a nice track when completed. Take care of yourself and your car. :)

Matt: There is a Racelubbock bulletin board that is loaded with young guys and a lot of them are students at Tech. RaceLubbock - Lubbocks Premiere Race Site - Powered by vBulletin

Ron:
No physical damage to me. The body has to be replaced, and I recently received a replacement Tim McAmis '68 body kit. At least the top bars were damaged - won't know about the rest of the condition until it gets to the shop. The chassis will be stripped, sandblasted, repaired, repowdercoated, and the new body and doors fitted. All tinwork and everything else should be reusable. I thought the work would begin this week, but I haven't been told to bring the car over to Mike's shop yet.

Art