Lt1 Maf And Turbo Sneeze

SNOWBIRD

I would like to know ,if anybody is running this maf on the pressure side of the turbo to elimanate turbo sneeze or slam,,or right befor throttle body .....THANKS

Rick87GN had it in his up-pipe of a PTE front mount IC and had good luck with it. However, it will not get rid of surge. Not too much other than a blow-off valve in the up-pipe to reduce the surge.

I also have a GM MAF in my up-pipe, it actually makes compressor sneeze ever so slightly louder due to less restriction in the intake path between the filter and the compressor wheel.

Like DCVING 6 said, the only way to eliminate compressor surge is with a blow off valve.

I would like to know ,if anybody is running this maf on the pressure side of the turbo to elimanate turbo sneeze or slam,,or right befor throttle body .....THANKS

The idea is to get the sensor on the other side of the holding tank (intercooler)
Thats the main culprit of the whole situation. That and the fact that these new maf sensors are so sensitive.
I did have very good luck with the maf in the uppipe. Car ran beautiful.
Once in a great while mid throttle cha cha would still trigger fuel. Probably closer to the tb the better with the sensor.
Now I have no maf and thats the cats azz, Right Glen? :biggrin:

I don't see how moving the MAF will affect turbo sneeze. Turbo sneeze is related to the volume of the intake tract between the turbo and the throttle body and how much pressurized air is trying to flow backwards through the turbo.

Moving the MAF will have affect on fueling.

David

I don't see how moving the MAF will affect turbo sneeze. Turbo sneeze is related to the volume of the intake tract between the turbo and the throttle body and how much pressurized air is trying to flow backwards through the turbo.

Moving the MAF will have affect on fueling.

David

That is what Rick was referring to. Without the MAF, it doesn't get the extra burst of fuel. It is nice to be able to pop off the gas and not have it stumble at all. :)

works for me

youll never get rid of the low boost surge on larger turbos but youll avoid the asociated false maf readings when it surges that cause fueling spikes making it feel much worse

ive had my LT1 in the pressure stream at the TB for a while , only recently relocating it to the I/C outlet under the radiator because I installed alky and didnt want the alky backspraying onto the maf