LSx fuel tank vent?

sy605

I've almost finished my LS swap on my 87 GN. Last thing is the fuel tank vent. The car was a roller when I got it. Someone removed the charcoal canister. I have the tank off putting in my new Walbro 255. I'm just wondering what you guys recommend on doing/running the fuel tank vent to/from. I looked into getting an Attwood marine tank vent that just clamps to a hose. Just wondering if there is a safer/better way to go about this. Any help would be great. Thanks in advanced.

Eric

maybe not safe but on my turbo lq4 build i drilled some holes on the underside of my gas cap and it worked fine

You can run a hose off of the original vent nipple at the tank. Run it up over the x member, and put a cheapo, inline fuel filter in it, to keep the dirt out...Be sure the filter flows both ways!

Thanks guys. Im just going to use the marine vent with a filter inline like suggested. I'll post the whole build thread soon. Thanks again.

ive been trying to figure out the best way to do this also. Problem for me is DE inspection checks under the hood for the charcoal canister. I may just put a dummy one with a couple of hoses running to no where.