LS1 turbo question

boostified

What's up fellas. I am currently having machine work done on a 2001 5.7 alum. block. already ordered srp pistons and eagle rods. c.r. will be 9.0 to 1. my car has a decent 3.8 with a t63e precision turbo in it now. I am running 50lb. injectors. Can I , or is it worth it to , buy two more injectors and run this combo ? I have to be as frugal as possible. I am only looking for around 550 to 600 rwhp, as this car is not going to be a track car. Any input is greatly appreciated.

At least 1 issue I see: The turbo is a 3 bolt, [right?], and you would have to make your headers accordingly. You then find that that turbo "has it's tongue hangin out" well before you see 600 RW.....Then, it's re do the headers, to use a turbo that will work.. A t76 would be where I'd go.

The 50's will carry that power level....I made 670's WHP on a ProCharged C5 with 42# and a pump upgrade many moons ago. Chuck is right about turbo sizing though...might want to rethink all that before you waste time and money.

I guess I was thinking that I could try the 63, and if I needed to upgrade, use one that had the same 3-bolt flange on it. The one thing I do have going for me, is that I am a fabricator, and will make my own headers, modify my own manifolds, or whatever. Is a 4-bolt flanged turbo a big advantage, or not? Any thoughts on just getting another 63 and using twins? , or is one bigger one better? I am a bit concerned about turbo lag, having only 9.0 to 1 c.r., 3.23 gears, and a th350 trans. I am running a b&m 2400 nitrous holeshot converter, but do have a 3400 holeshot on the shelf too. Just trying to figure out as much as I can, before I am knee deep in a bunch of stuff that wont work.