Ls1 turbo breather question

boostified

I have a 5.7 ls motor with a t76 turbo. Just got the first tune for 6psi, and was putting some miles on it. About every other time I would get into boost, it would start smoking. Bad. Like, inspector gadget, smokescreen bad. Drove for about a half hour, and had about 3-4 ounces of oil in my makeshift catch can. Precision turbo suggested more breather area. How can I set this up, using stock valve covers? There is the two 3/8" tubes on pass side, and the one 5/8" on drivers side. Do I need a pcv valve for each cover? The holes in a pcv valves are only 3/8"

Mighty Mouse has a breather that goes in place of the oil fill cap. Might try that.
Some guys weld AN fittings to the covers, and use much larger hoses.
Take a look over on LS1tech. Lots of posts, pics, etc on the topic.

http://www.mightymousesolutions.com/

Well, here is what I came up with. I bought a catch can from Lane automotive . Modified it for a 2" breather on top, and a 3/4 bung , to plumb to. Made a bracket to hold this, and my radiator catch can.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Then I bought a 3/4 by 3/4 elbow, for pex tube, attached a section of 5/8 hose to it, and around back of fuel rails, to pass side. Put a 3/4 by 1/2" t fitting to rear valve cover vent tube.
image.jpg

image.jpg
Then a 3/4 by 1" pex reducer, to a 3/4" section of hose, another t , to the front cover vent tube, then up to catch can.
image.jpg