LS1 or Blazer front break up grade. Need Help

gn's suck

Ok this is my situation.

I have an '01 TA/Firehawk that I would like to upgrade the breaks on with a set of C5 Vett calipers and rotors. If I do this swap I should be able to take off the LS1 stock calipers and rotors and put them on my GN.

But today I found a web site that lets you run LS1 stock calipers with C5 Vett rotors. If I go the rout of just the C5 rotors then I will not have left over parts for the GN.

So I guess my question would be, is there a way to run F body calipers on a stock G body spindle? I am aware that you can run Blazer spindles with LS1 calipers and rotors. But Im looking for some kind of bracket or whatever to run the modified C5 rotors with LS1 calipers.

Or will it be best to run the Blazer calipers, rotors, and spindle? Or do the full C5 swap on the TA and put the stock LS1 setup on the GN?

Any advice is welcome!

If you the GN spindle it has to be modified and new brackets added, also you will have cut down the GN rotor to use as a hub, I'm installing the same set up but going with the s-10 spindles, flynbye.com sells the complete kits!

I think I am going with the complete kit from Flynbye. I just have to decide LS1 caliper and rotor or Hybrid C5 caliper and LS1 rotor? I hate to spend the money on a complete kit but at the same time I don't want to pice together a kit and hope that it all works together. I have been down that road all you end up with is extra parts. Also I have GTA wheels so I cant run bigger rotors than LS1.

I did a complete LS1 conversion, front and rear on my GN with drilled and slotted rotors for $650.00. That even included the right Proportioning valve. I did all the work myself, ordered the front caliper brackets from flynbye.com, if you do your homework and shop smart it can be done for little $$$. And the car stops like nothing you would belive possible with a GM "G" body. I'll bet if I draged this car I could hold 10lbs boost at the line with vacume brakes. Brakes are so good that I had to readjust the brake light switch so the lights would come on, it take that little of pressure on the brake peddle to stop it.

I did a complete LS1 conversion, front and rear on my GN with drilled and slotted rotors for $650.00. That even included the right Proportioning valve. I did all the work myself, ordered the front caliper brackets from flynbye.com, if you do your homework and shop smart it can be done for little $$$. And the car stops like nothing you would belive possible with a GM "G" body. I'll bet if I draged this car I could hold 10lbs boost at the line with vacume brakes. Brakes are so good that I had to readjust the brake light switch so the lights would come on, it take that little of pressure on the brake peddle to stop it.

Have you ever thought about putting together a "how-to" on your project? That would be a great resource.