LS1 Camaro kill

breiter

Coolboost
I enjoy reading these so I thought I would share one. I was driving home from the local track on a Thursday night and along comes a young guy and his girl in a late model camaro. I saw him pull out of a gas station and noticed he quickly maneuvered through traffic to get beside me. He must have just had exhaust work done because he kept revving it up and it had turn downs on it so it was pretty loud. He thrashed it a few times as if to call me into a duel. I let this go on for about 3 miles or so letting him build his (false) confidence. I noticed his young girlfriend was into it as well so I let the excitement build. I waived at her a few times, which to my amazement he some how he felt offended. I can't imagine why :)

We were on a 6 lane boulevard, around 10:00 at night with light traffic. I waited until we got to a section of the road were there was no traffic ahead of us (within a half mile or so) and I where felt cops would not be sitting. He threw it in a higher gear and started to thrash it again. I gave him the nod, waived to him as to say go ahead and I'll catch up to you. He kicked it, his front end rose and he started to pull. I still had my MT drag radials on from the strip. I nailed it. Boost built quickly and before he could get past my front bumper I was at about 22lbs holding on for the ride. Out of courtesy as I passed by his window I gave him the old "see ya" waive and said "bye-bye." I pulled ahead a couple of car lenghts and then let out. As I slowed and he came up next to me with the priceless look of dismay. I almost felt bad for him. Nah, I didn’t. I felt the rush. Not that I had any doubt. His cute little girlfriend seemed much more subdued and I again I politely waived goodbye.

Good story. My father has a 99 SS M6 and I used to think it was pretty darn fast until I started modding the Buick. It's still a fun car to drive though. It handles well and it's nice to have all that power right at the tip of your foot without having to wait for a turbo to spool.