ls1 Buick help

mcolor

I have a 86 regal with 3.8 motor .I want to go with ls1 are ls2 and transmission to match motor ,but I know I will have to change the rear end what would be the cheaper route to take. I was told to use a caprice 80's model which had the 350 motor ,but would a 95-02 z28 rear end fit

We've got a whole section about LS conversions but as far as the F body rear goes it would take a bunch more work than it's worth ad more money than the engine would cost.

What's wrong with a tr 8.5 ten bolt?

If you want to spend money a 9" would be the direction I would go. Almost unlimited gear selection. Parts, no problem and a bolt in housing can be had pretty reasonable.

You planning on a 4l60e? If not what trans do you plan? Engine management? After market, try to get it done with factory stuff?

Sounds like a fun ride.

TexasT said:
What's wrong with a tr 8.5 ten bolt?

If you want to spend money a 9" would be the direction I would go. Almost unlimited gear selection. Parts, no problem and a bolt in housing can be had pretty reasonable.

You planning on a 4l60e? If not what trans do you plan? Engine management? After market, try to get it done with factory stuff?

Sounds like a fun ride.

Yes I'm going with the 4l60e but it don't matter with the rear end 9" Ford are the 8.5 buick rear end I prefer the Buick because it will go in with no mods

If you want to get a 9" with 3.50 gears and a mini spool but it needs some work I've got one.:D Granted I'm in Texas but for what it might cost you to build one it may be less expensive.;)

charlief1 said:
If you want to get a 9" with 3.50 gears and a mini spool but it needs some work I've got one.:D Granted I'm in Texas but for what it might cost you to build one it may be less expensive.;)

How much are you asking