Ls1 And 5.3 Intake

we2man

Hey i was just wondering if anybody knows if the camaro and corvette LS1 intakes are the same as the 5.3 vortec truck intakes? Thanks guys!

depends what year ls1 intake, the 01s and 02s have ls6 intakes so make sure uru cocmparing the right ones

car intakes are much shorter.... the truck intake only gives up a couple hp vs the ls6 intake.

btw the belt routing/brackets are different, you gotta use the truck manifold with the truck accessories....not sure if the truck manifold and the car accessories work

btw the belt routing/brackets are different, you gotta use the truck manifold with the truck accessories....not sure if the truck manifold and the car accessories work

Those factory truck intakes are fairly large port while car intakes are small port. And I am I more satisfied with the factory truck intake. And yes, truck manifold and car accessories won't work.

Huh??

Those factory truck intakes are fairly large port while car intakes are small port. And I am I more satisfied with the factory truck intake. And yes, truck manifold and car accessories won't work.

the ports are the same size. The plenums are significantly different.
This is an LS1 intake/truck t/b, with a modified belt routing,a/c relo, on a 6.0.

Attachments

• LS1 truck conversion 011.jpg
    LS1 truck conversion 011.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 137
The truck looks

like this:
This is a pic of the engine as I received it. I have alot of other pics, dimensions, etc. If NE1 is doing a swap, I'd be glad to share what I've learned, so far...

Attachments

• 6.0 ft end 001.jpg
    6.0 ft end 001.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 131
like this:
This is a pic of the engine as I received it. I have alot of other pics, dimensions, etc. If NE1 is doing a swap, I'd be glad to share what I've learned, so far...

looks like you got the 130 amp alternator and drive-by-wire throttle body.....hope you snagged the pedal too, otherwise it's time for a swap(harness/pcm/tb)

here's a pic of my setup so far.....excuse the wiring harness....i'm not good at that and i'm not finished yet

HPIM1885.jpg

HPIM1887.jpg

"hope you snagged the pedal too, otherwise it's time for a swap(harness/pcm/tb)".
Sure did....