LS Engine durability

SS/GN

In stock form are the LS engines strong in comparison to the first gen small block.Will the bottom ends take alot of abuse ie NOS or S/C.Thanks for the input.:confused:
Kevin

In stock form are the LS engines strong in comparison to the first gen small block.Will the bottom ends take alot of abuse ie NOS or S/C.Thanks for the input.:confused:

Kevin

Depends which Gen 1 you are comparing to. But I think in stock form the LS motor has the advantage. Awesome stock crank that can take almost 1k, lightweight block, spread exhaust ports.

The Gen1 depending on the year could have a better rod and piston package, more head bolts and over abundance of parts.

From what I've seen. On a factory assembled longblock the most boost I wod put threw it via supercharger is 10psi. My friend has a procharger on his 7psi with a catback. Put down 452whp

I made over 740 on my bone stock longblock on my C5 when the rings finally let go. Good gas and proper tuning is critical as always. Great motors, imo.

Am installing a bone stock L92 out of a Escalade, [2007], in a 33 Ford roadster..@ 400+FW, a good tune, headers, CAI, it's real near 500FW. You won't find any gen 1 w/ that kind of base hp,,..
As mentioned, visit LS1tech.com, and look around.

I made over 740 on my bone stock longblock on my C5 when the rings finally let go. Good gas and proper tuning is critical as always. Great motors, imo.

What was your setup if u don't mind me asking

Reason I ask is my friend is doing some work to his ws6 this winter n I gotta make sure I can beat him. It's a 17k mile 02 ws6 6speed. Corsa catback, 7psi procharger, Hes adding a cam. Clutch, 12 bolt and sticky tires, and spraying the intercoolers with nitrous Ne idea what kinda power n times he'll have? I gottaaaaaaa beat him haha. Right now he's gotta mail order tune n it's prob a mid 11s car with traction

If he dips below the 10's you better scratch that factory short block ;). Say your goal is 10.5. You need more HP to get to that time because he has almost 400lbs less than you. He needs about 600 HP to get to 10.5, and you 650 HP. I think he would be in the 550 rangeish. Anyone else thing so? I am thinking you will stay on top.

If he dips below the 10's you better scratch that factory short block ;). Say your goal is 10.5. You need more HP to get to that time because he has almost 400lbs less than you. He needs about 600 HP to get to 10.5, and you 650 HP. I think he would be in the 550 rangeish. Anyone else thing so? I am thinking you will stay on top.

Those r fwhp numbers I take it? Ya it does take a Gn about 650fwhp to touch 10.5 He will be over 550fwhp after all that. He's 450rwhp now Will prob be about 540rwhp after but I have no idea It's so hard to tell. I mean geez I have another friend that went 10.6 in a 6speed ls1 camaro with a cam only and reg bolt ons. Factory untouched heads. 5th fastest cam only 6spd ls1 camaro in the world

Sorry, I meant to say 550 without spray. I am not sure how much spray adds lol. 60-70 HP?

Sorry, I meant to say 550 without spray. I am not sure how much spray adds lol. 60-70 HP?

Hes not spraying the motor, he's spraying the intercoolers Bc at uti he saw a srt4 neon gain 40whp by doing it and it has no extra strain on motor like spraying it into motor. So I'd guess he'll gain 30-40 from it.

I plan on running 10.3-10.6. He might out mph me but that's it hopefully. It's just I know him n I doubt he'll ever go to track. Hrs the kinda person where I'll go to track run 10.5 n then well do a 60-130run n he'll edge me out n he'll think his car will run 10.30s hehe

Yup :). That's why I'm Gunna avoid a 60-??? Race. Assuming he hooks and can drive I'll guess a 10.9 at 134. So hopefully with my 10.4@129 I can beat him. Just gotta avoid a roll race haha

Its actually one the first C6 Z06 4L65E conversion we did to my Z06 a few years ago, we have since completed many more with all having great results. I now have also a ZR1 that the guys are trying to talk me into putting an auto in but I just can't do it. LOL