Lowering ? again. I see Eibach has a mild kit?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
I was looking through my recent summit and I see that Eibach sells lowering springs for the G-Bodies. The pro kit claims to utilize a 1-1.5 inch drop, which is what I am looking for. Is this true? Or am I looking at the wrong item? Also, Would using drag shocks with these springs prove useful? I am running 80/20 in front and 60/40 in the back to keep it a BIT streetable :) yeah right. Or would they be no use at all? I currently have hotchkis lower trailiing arms also on the rear. Maybe you all can help. has anyone here put eibachs on their gn? I know the quality is good, but I dont wanna lose a HUGE amount of traction. Maybe that 1 inch will give it just a bit better handling without sacrificing tire wear and giving me just a bit of negative camber for the turns. Just food for thought. I sure aint no suspension guru so anyone chime in here. My car will be going straight most of the time ;) but you never know when I hit the highway.

Scott

P.S. Your all great helpin me out! Thanks in advance!:cool:

I put spindles on my car and lost no 60ft. It 1.60s with 90/10 50/50 with sway bar still attatched on 26x10 slicks. It has done a 1.52 but that was with a 18# launch. I don't like to torture it that much as it is a t-top car. Anyway I love the spindles with the stock springs as I have a little better handling and the same ride.

I have the Hotchkis springs on my car and it dropped it 1 1/2". Love them, they ride and handle great...Took my family car and made it into a sports car....

I used the eibachs. Very good results, drop about 1.5" and handling improved dramatically. Not too harsh ride either, but nice and stiff, less rolling.

Bob

I contemplated Eibach's but price and lack of specs turned me off. I did everything from first principles looking at ride height and spring rate. Eibach seems to think I don't need to know any of that.

I have Eibachs on one of my cars for a long time.....I like them. Dropped my car about an inch as advertised...but it really depends upon what springs are currently on the car, their condition, etc.

I have the Eibach pro kit & love them along with my Tokico shocks. I don't know if you would want to use a drag shock with lowering springs though. To me, those springs would counter act what the drag shock is intended to do..

Looks like Eibach it is! Looks like I'll change shocks though, gonna have to do a little research to find out which shocks could combine with these springs to give me the best rear traction.

Scott