Lowered w/ GNX suspension???

pure_boost

I was just doing a little brainstorming and wondered what the effect would be on lowering a car with a GNX rear suspension 2+ inches. Would it cause it to bind at all since the panhard bar is at an angle? How would the instant center need to be corrected? Also, what would the widest tires be that could fit under there, assuming mini tubbing and frame notching would be needed since the car will be lowered. (No rolled/trimmed fender lips). I wasn't sure if any part of the GNX suspension was closer to the outside of the car than the original suspension or not. I figured a 295/50R15 should fit, but does anyone think a 305, 315, or 325/50R15 would fit? Thanks in advance. :)

most of your questions are engineer based so ask one like richard clark . you can find him on the other board: tires 305/50/15 fit under a stock gnx but only because of gnx flares. notching the frame might be touchy because the panhard system is welded to the frame near the back wheels.

Thanks, gnocide. As far as notching the frame, I figured it would need to be resupported to handle the extra stress in that area. I guess I'll have to see if I can get ahold of Richard Clark like you said.