lower control arm bracket broke loose from rear

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
I pulled my boxed stock control arms off tonight to put them on a friends car and found the drivers lower bracket is ripped loose at the weld on the axle tube

that coulda gotten ugly real quick if I hadent found it

anyone else had this happen :confused:

Glad you caught it before something bad happened. Closest thing that happened to me was a front lower A arm saddle ripped away from the frame many years ago in my 12.50s, 65 GTO.

HRpartsNstuff makes a heavy-duty, weld-on reinforcement for that bracket ...

I believe the bracket that Paul (HRParts) makes is for the bracket at the frame, not at the axle tube. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah Pauls supprts are for the bracket at the frame which I looked at real good and is fine :confused:

guess I'll make some support brackets for the rear end bracket

It had to be a crappy weld from the factory on this one...I havent heard of people having this problem

God like me ....ha ha ha

I'm no angel ;)

Back in the 60's my 67 RS SS Camaro broke the spring perch from the axle tube 4 times, fixed each time by warranty.

Originally posted by Scott Atk
I believe the bracket that Paul (HRParts) makes is for the bracket at the frame, not at the axle tube. ....
You're right, I didn't read the original question carefully enough!

Ripped both sides out of a 93 cobra, cost me 750 for trz chassis to fix. but the gn has more meat, pony control arm boxes are like sheet metal. still have them as paper weights.

Originally posted by machinegun
What lowers were you running and what 60 foot times? Just asking for curiosity sake.

boxed and polly bushinged stock arms

been 1.49 60 ft off foot brake :)