lOWER bALL jOINTS

incharge

OK how do you remove a lower ball loint when the nut just spins and does not loosen or tighten just spins ,must have broke inside the joint itself ?? I need to get this off so I can have new ones pressed in.

I never had this problem. Is there some way you can load it so the stud doesn't turn? I know how a shop would take care of it. Just burn it off.

either cut it off or hit the BJ on the bottom to seat the stud into the spindle. remember that its tapered so if you whack it good it should stick. or just cut it off is easiest.
Gary

Your knuckle is probally screwed up too. You'll run into the same problem the next time unless you replace it. Is there any meat showing that you can grab onto the shank of the BJ with a pair of vise grips? Go through the area that is usually covered by the boot and filled with grease. I've put a load on the BJ by wedging a picklefork up in there.

roadrunner88 said:
What the heck is a picklefork??? :confused:

looks like a giant tuning fork, stop by an auto parts store and most chains loan them out. if not, you shouldn't have to pay more than $10 for a cheap one

It's a giant fork used to pick up giant pickles. :biggrin:

Any of your friends have a plasma cutter or a torch? I'd just cut it off with a plasma cutter and then use a punch and hammer and drive that sucker out! :cool: