low reverse endplay

tacordes

hello, I have a question about my trans rebuild.
I bought the low reverse clutch support from pts. "I think thats whats it called?" It has a groove machined in it for a bearing.
I would haved called pts today but it is sunday ..
My question is when you install the modified part does that change the amout of endplay for your first adjustment in the trans.... when I install the endplay selective washer "the washer you use for getting the endplay set correctly" I cannot get the snap ring to install. It is very very close , I just barely cant get it to snap into place.....
I just want to make sure that this new piece is the possilbe reason I cannot get this installed and not that I put the trans together wrong......
Im 99.9% sure I put it together correctly...
any help today would really be great for anyone who has gone through this already .... : )

thanks tom
st. louis

I think I solved the problem....

well.. after taking It apart several times. I realized that the purpose of the upgraded part is to get rid of the thrust bearing and replace it with a roller bearing that the sun gear shell rides on.. dahhhh well I added the upgraded part with the roller bearing and left the thrust bearing in, too "I had both"
After removing the thrust bearing and putting everything back together, all was good..
Im still going to call pts tomorrow just to make sure....

Thanks for the call this am Tom. You worked out your problem, but it's good you called just to make sure. Have fun with it and let us know how it turns out. Mark

no, problem was corrected by removing the thrust bearing ..
the purpose of the updated low/reverse support is having a roller torrington bearing... this being the first trans I have ever tried to rebuild, I did not realize that between the sun gear shell and the low / reverse support you did not need both "the thrust bearing gets removed" pitched - thrown away..
I will let everyone know how this rebuild turns out... so far every thing is going great.. I have called mark at pts a few times and he has been very helpful...
I will admit a few weeks ago when I first took this thing apart I almost gave up and was going to take all the parts to a shop....
However, when I went out in the garage with a mini dvd player and a 200 rebuild video. I kept playing it over and over again and rewinding it several times, And I have to admit It really is not all that hard to do ....
the one thing I will tell anyone who tries to do this themself... Please If you try and pull apart the valve body .... LAY EVERY THING OUT EXACTLY THE WAY YOU TAKE IT OUT. theres alot of small valves and springs that you can easily get confused.........so far that has been the most stressfull part of the rebuild....
when Im finished I will let everyone know how it turns out..
I have to admit Im getting alittle worried about the outcome because it seems like every night when I read through everyones post here , they have lots of little problems with their transmissions.....?

yes, your right... : )
and there is a real good chance I might be calling you about getting one.