Low Fuel Warning Light Kit

pnamarble

DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE LOW FUEL WARNING LIGHT KIT THAT WAS OFFERED YEAR AGO FOR SALE FROM GM THAT THEY WANT TO SELL?

Search...I believe Kirbans wants $50. You can get them from the junkyard for free.

I put one in, came VERY close to running out of gas, and it still didn't come on:mad: .

Mine works great. For some reason I don't pay attention the the fuel gauge in the GN. Next thing you know I see the light come on. Nice little feature. When you take off the light slowly goes out and when you come to a stop it's full brite. The pcb breaks easy and I would think yours is broke roc87. There is'nt much on that thing to go bad. It comes on when I'm a little before empty. I'll have to run it down and take a pic one day :)

look for old mid 80's boxy Rivs for these

These aren't as plentiful as folks think. For every 10 of these old Rivieras I looked at, maybe 2 had the low fuel module in car.

A cool feature of the module is that the orange light will brighten incrementally as you get lower on fuel! Mine works great in my car but will not illuminate until the needle at right over "E".

When I say free I dont mean to steal it. I got two from the junkyard....(sold 'em). When I went to pay for the parts the guy didnt charge me.

If you plan on getting alky you may end up using you low fuel spot to hook up your low alky light.

I dont like my fuel getting close to a quarter tank...when I had my light in I had to run the car to almost empty for the light to come on. I had to make sure it worked right?

Maybe GM didnt put them in TR's because they dont want people running that low on fuel. Could be dangerous.