LOW fuel psi - Bad Fuel psi regulator??

WHTTRSH

Sleeper
Fuel psi at idle 18psi but goes up with RPM to 50+psi. A/F ratio is extremely rich 8.5.

Went out and started it again. Now fuel psi is 40 but still extremely rich and running rough. Tried adjusting regulator all the way in and out, fuel psi never moved...I think I need to buy a regulator

No fuel in the vacuum hose. Oil and fuel psi sensors are hooked up through the EGR circuit.

Maybe double check the pressure with a standard gauge to make sure the reading are the same...

So you said no matter what you do with the fpr the fpg doesn't move? And you have 18 psi at idle that seems low.soooo maybe you have a feed problem inside the tank like your hose thatconnects to the sender from the pump is blown out or seeping clamps not yight enough or maybe to tight and broke through?

I'd check the wiring to the transducer. I had a broken wire in the plug that was screwing with the sensor. Would read 37 psi at idle, but would spike at 100 with any boost. Turned out the ground was only attached by the insulation crimped in the terminal. And if you cranked up the pressure that could be causing the rich condition now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So you said no matter what you do with the fpr the fpg doesn't move? And you have 18 psi at idle that seems low.soooo maybe you have a feed problem inside the tank like your hose thatconnects to the sender from the pump is blown out or seeping clamps not yight enough or maybe to tight and broke through?

That would also be my opinion as I had this same issue with a GN last week, the connector hose in the tank was leaking.

Started the car again. Not 18psi anymore, it's registering 40psi now... but still runs extremely rich and runs very rough. I can turn the screw on the regulator all the way in or out and the fuel psi will not change. That regulator hasn't been replaced and it's old. It sat dry for 6yrs too. Will a bad psi regulator cause these symptoms?

You can take the top off the regulator without removing the whole thing .just make sure you put a rag or something around and under it incase you drop one of the allen or hex screws you won't loose it .

Thanks for all the responses and ideas. Got ahold of Cal this morning and after talking over the phone. He pointed out the vacuum line on the MAP may have popped off while under boost. Sure enough it was off.
Vacuum line to MAP popped off.

Thanks for all the responses and ideas. Got ahold of Cal this morning and after talking over the phone. He pointed out the vacuum line on the MAP may have popped off while under boost. Sure enough it was off.
Vacuum line to MAP popped off.
The fuel pressure should change when adjusting the regulator whether the line was on or off . Check the regulator .

The fuel pressure should change when adjusting the regulator whether the line was on or off . Check the regulator .
I figured that problem out too! Lol. They don't label fuel or oil psi on the harness so of course how I have it now, oil psi is fuel psi and the fuel psi is the oil psi on the Edash.

So I'll have to flip those back around. And the vacuum line broke off. It wasn't a hose ran directly to the MAP like I have it now. It was a hose that ran into a plastic line glued onto a rubber elbow...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76