Low cost 17"s for your GS!

TurboRegal84

Staff member
I was due for a set of tires and the thought of putting a new set of tires on my stock 16 inch rims really did not sit well with me. After alot of looking at aftermarket rims as well as searching for GSX rims I was unable to find anything I liked without spending $3K for the GSX wheels. With some research I found that GMs bolt pattern is the same on most of their front wheel drive vehicles. I have a friend who does alot of work on Cadillacs and he just happened to have a set of DTS wheels. We put some 235/55/17 tires on them and bolted them up. The result was a great fit and the rims are 1/2 inch wider than stock...there is definitely an improvement in handling with the smaller sidewall. He does have a few other sets if anyone is interested!

P1260640.jpgP1260642.jpg

Looks good, just have to figure out a way to get rid of the Cadi emblem on the centercaps. You'll have to check the diameters of some centercaps to see if you can find a match. Something like the wheels on my 96 GMC Sierra if it's the right size. They're blank with no insignia but like I said check for fitment. We use to have a place around here called hubcap warehouse that of course stocked all kinds of hubcaps and of course centercaps-very helpful when I was trying to find a set of beauty rings that looked good and actually fit the Olds wheels I have on my 78 Lesabre.

looks good !

3 grand for GSX wheels ??

if thats the case its time to sell the chrome set i have had stashed.....