Love That E-85

newkid87GN

Just installed my E-85 chip from Turbo Tweak, Love it,,The car runs awesome smooth idle,clean exhaust,tons of power,no knock.The car actually runs better than it did when I was running 93 octane with alcohol injection.And I like the $3.00 a gal price too :)

Just installed my E-85 chip from Turbo Tweak, Love it,,The car runs awesome smooth idle,clean exhaust,tons of power,no knock.The car actually runs better than it did when I was running 93 octane with alcohol injection.And I like the $3.00 a gal price too :)
where the heck do you buy this stuff?

if ya still have the alky kit installed... use it too! E85 with a little methanol spray on top is really nice.....

E-85 is awesome! The best part about it is not having black soot on my garage floor after cold starting!

,Dan

Welcome to the e-85 revolution my friend! Turbo Buicks love that stuff!!!
Match made in heaven

-Dan

Damn I wish it could be sold in NH.

Yeah, I know what you mean. We have some here in NC, but not very close by. 50+ miles at least. Maybe it will be available local soon. I would love to do an E-85 setup.
Our brilliant legislature banned selling E85 b/c they believe it's a plot by Democrats. Can't even sell it for off road use. Morons.

where the heck do you buy this stuff?

google it.. there are a lot of sites that list every gas station in the country that carries it.. but beware that the info might not be up to date and some of the stations won't have it and some others will have it but it won't be listed.

Our brilliant legislature banned selling E85 b/c they believe it's a plot by Democrats. Can't even sell it for off road use. Morons.

yeah a plot to go fast and make power idiots

e-85 cost less to make then gas
the facts.JPG

hello; I live in Mass. and I havn't seen E-85 sold around here. I see more and more cars around with a flex-fuel labeling on them thou. Does that mean you can burn E-85 or gas?
IBBY

How fast you plan on going? Which pump did you use? I'm switching to e-85 and need to decide between a double pumper or the new walbro 340. Hoping to go real low 10s

How fast you plan on going? Which pump did you use? I'm switching to e-85 and need to decide between a double pumper or the new walbro 340. Hoping to go real low 10s

Low 10's you're going to need a lot more than one 340.

I'm almost done building a 4.1 and I'm going e85 again!. I got my taste when I converted a stock 86 t type 2 years ago. Only down side is the miles per gallon, but at 3 dollars a gallon (now) versus 7-8 for race fuel, it is a no brainer. No knock at 20lbs with stock turbo. What does scare me now is the crappy corn harvest we are going to have due to the drought here in the midwest.

My long term concern with E85 is the prospect of blender pumps and the industry moving towards blends of E20 and E30. Early on there was a distinct push to get E85 to the market. After many studies have shown the poor mileage of E85 relative to gasoline, the market sentiment is to not use E85 in everyday passenger vehicles. Additional newer studies have shown optimal mileage blends of E20-E30 being better than the E10 at the pump currently, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the industry back away from E85 at some point. Time will tell.

Low 10's you're going to need a lot more than one 340.

Yeah, think i'm a bit naive to think 1 340 will be enough. Still researching. Double pumper or external hmmmm...... Time will tell.

On the other hand, I have like 4-5, e-85 stations fairly near my home. Would really suck if the industry moved toward another fuel mix.

Yeah, think i'm a bit naive to think 1 340 will be enough. Still researching. Double pumper or external hmmmm...... Time will tell.

On the other hand, I have like 4-5, e-85 stations fairly near my home. Would really suck if the industry moved toward another fuel mix.

One 340 isn't even enough on straight gas let alone e85.