Loud Ticking from Engine

Damn Eric, talking about bad luck. I run the Comp rollers as well. I have a lifter tick all the time, hot mostly. Have always had it and I know it's from the lifters. My guess, just chararistics of Comp lifters.

Damn Eric, talking about bad luck. I run the Comp rollers as well. I have a lifter tick all the time, hot mostly. Have always had it and I know it's from the lifters. My guess, just chararistics of Comp lifters.

haha, I know right?

Yeah, I am going to run around with the synthetic mobil 1 for awhile and report back if it happens again.

haha, I know right?

Yeah, I am going to run around with the synthetic mobil 1 for awhile and report back if it happens again.

Synthetic will not help you if the lifters have trash in them. Try some ATF if your lifters start to tick..if it goes away..your good to go...If not remove your intake and soak the lifter in mineral spirits for a day or two. Make your the lifter plungers functioning before installing.

Synthetic will not help you if the lifters have trash in them. Try some ATF if your lifters start to tick..if it goes away..your good to go...If not remove your intake and soak the lifter in mineral spirits for a day or two. Make your the lifter plungers functioning before installing.

Hi -

This is certainly one way to go.

A similar technique I learned is to drain the oil and your old filter. Re-install the old filter. Fill the car with 3 qts. ATF and 2 qts 5-20 oil. Let it idle for one hour...do not drive it.

This will usually clean up any gunk in engine and valvetrain. However, if there is metallic junk from engine work...this will not get it out.

Dump the oil and old filter.

Put on new filter and add new oil and see what happens.

Steve

Blown HG buddy, after the car cooled off things got tight again, i bet my bottom dollar when you go out and Romp on it the noise will come back if not worst, i think you blew the HG just alittle bit into the valley pan, only time will tell, if i were you I stay off it. LOL:biggrin:

Actually the noise didn't come back except one time after I would get on it. I would say I got on it maybe 10 times and it only made the noise once and it was a lot quieter and only last a couple seconds vs. the other time when it lasted a good 5 minutes and was much louder.