loud noise under car?????

gaminoree

87buick gn
From a hard take off loud noise from under mid of car hitting the floor board. Everything is tight under car as far as i can tell. Does no do it when going from a roll. Almost sound like its hitting under the passenger seat???? Any help?????? Thanks

Definitely check the exhaust. Then check your shocks, control arms/ bushings, etc. Mine was actually the rear frame tie just in front of the rear end. Not sure how it broke, but it did. It is a pretty major piece, as the springs mount to it, the UCA's, etc.

Attachments

• broken frame.JPG
    broken frame.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 131
I had a weight on my driveshaft that would hit the driveshaft loop on a hard start, no other time. Drove me nuts for weeks, until I finally saw where the paint was being whacked off on the loop.

C1RUN said:
I had a weight on my driveshaft that would hit the driveshaft loop on a hard start, no other time. Drove me nuts for weeks, until I finally saw where the paint was being whacked off on the loop.

X2, but mine was hitting the muffler. The DS would rub the muffler, while a weight would hit it every once in a while as well. This was intermittant, only when the car really sunk on a hard pull.

Been there -
Body mounts were shot.
They were still there, but they were pooped out.
New ones fixed it.