Lotus Elise...with some work...

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
So there I am....in Ladera Ranch again....this pond has been active with bites so I'm drowning some worms in it....
I ended up there while trying to track down a healthy sounding 70-72 Challenger that blasted past my front bumper while I was sitting at a red...he turned into a neighborhood just as I was catching up to him..so ....no joy.

I was turned around now and coming back up Antonio when this little Elise pulls out of a parking lot up ahead and gets on it...he's about an 1/8 mile away, but I can hear his exhaust pop at shifts and as I go through his exhaust plume...it smells like a car that has had some work done.

I settle behind him in a turn lane...the same spot I found and skurd the bejesus out of that M5 a few nights back....
On the green, I follow him through and then to get his attention, I give him the same blast that skurd the M5 guy into driving like a granny and then let off.
I have to let off pretty quick since the next light is red (insert Hermon Munster doing his Goody, Goody, Goody dance here).
As he comes alongside he and his passenger are....
Them chatting among themselves: [Expletives ommited] Grand National....I haven't seen one of those....[cussin away and smiling at me nodding...I'm smiling and nodding back].
The driver: That thing is bad-ass bro!
Me:Yyyyuuuup [big grin]

We both look ahead waiting on the green and there it is...
We get into it....I have to roll in [street tires] and he also seems to be rolling into it....but then we go WOT together and almost immediately start to pull him...but not as quickly as I should (I think those are mid 12 second cars]....he's actually hanging pretty close...not falling back as fast as I expected.
All I can hear over my own engine and turbo is his exhaust popping off at shifts.

I eventually get him by a couple lengths before we have to let out due to closing in on traffic.

As we slow down he drops in behind me and is signaling like wants me to pull over, so I turn off the main road onto a side street and he follows and comes along side.

Him: NICE!!!!!
Me: Ya...new motor......prolly about 600HP and good for solid 10's...
Him: I'm only making 320HP
Me: Ya well...you weigh about 2000lbs too so you don't need much.
Him: YA....you're right.....

We say our goodbyes since a car is coming up behind us waiting for us. I let him go first but as he pulls away, I can hear something under there spooling. Never knew the Elise had a turbo version, so I checked it out later at home and sure enough....turbo and supercharger kits are out there, and a couple of them get the car into the 300-320HP range....some make up t 500+ HP :eek:

...still not fast enough to beat a nicely built Czarnota stroker....:D

Nice Herman. I always enjoy reading your stories. Even though there's no video. ;)

Keep up the good work.

D

You go chicken man!!! There's a lot of peps racing around my area I always think if I were only driving my Buick...

Ha! Turns out someone I know from here and SoCal Muscle knows the guy in the Elise...we're talking it up on Facebook now!:D